Graphic Designer (The Studio)
The job has expired.
Birmingham is the UK’s second city with the youngest urban population in one of the most lively and diverse regions. The Church of England - Birmingham, founded in 1905, is one of the 41 dioceses of the Church of England. It covers an area of nearly 300 square miles and includes parishes in Birmingham and parts of Solihull, Sandwell, Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
Right at the heart of what we do there are over 187 worshipping communities with an average weekly attendance of 17,000. In these churches are clergy and church-goers representing a wide scope of tradition, ethnicity, age and background. It is a time of new opportunities and potential in the Church of England - Birmingham as we seek to shape ministry for a changing church and world as part of our ‘Transforming Church - Shaping the Future’ vision, supported by our ambitious People & Places framework.
What is the Studio?
The Studio is an exciting new development within the Communications team. It is a small group of creatives (Graphic Designer, Film maker/Animator and Production Manager) who work together to produce high quality resources for the Church of England – Birmingham and beyond. The Studio is a place to experiment and explore new ways of doing things. The Studio will produce tactical, visual resources that communicate the pioneering thought emerging from the Church of England – Birmingham. The Studio will collaborate with diocesan teams and local churches to help them flex their creative muscles too.
- Developing and delivering design briefs to produce creative, effective resources for different audiences.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing visual, interactive design.
- Liaising with the Director of Communications/Production Manager to understand stakeholders and audiences.
- Collaborating with the Production Manager and Film-maker/Animator to produce effective, timely resources.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within time and cost constraints.
- Working with a range of media and keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess skills and experience with:
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to adapt, communicate and present ideas.
- Ability to create work for a variety of audiences.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Collaborative and adaptable
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICATION
You should reference these skills & experiences in your application questions as we will use these for shortlisting.
You should include in your application, links to a portfolio / examples of your work online .
Terms & Conditions
Responsible to: Production Manager
Other key accountabilities: Director of Communications/ Other Heads of Departments
Hours: Full time
Salary: £28,000 (plus membership of the Church Worker’s Pension Scheme with 12% employer contribution)
Responsible To: Production Manager
Deadline for applications: Friday 1 March 2019
Interviews: Monday 18 March 2019
(To be held in our offices at 1 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2BJ)