Mission & Evangelism Development Officer
To enhance the Diocese of Hereford’s focus on, and capacity for, mission at every level by:
- Overseeing and coordinating diocesan engagement with parishes and
- Leading mission planning support.
To forward the development and implementation of The Diocesan Strategy for Mission and Growth through facilitating and resourcing integrated deanery, benefice and parish Mission Planning and Action (MAPping) and aligned planning, decision-making and action at diocesan level in order to achieve numerical and spiritual growth (in particular growing bigger, younger / intergenerational, and mixed economy churches) across the Diocese of Hereford.
Please use the attached Word application form.
The Archdeacon of Hereford (01432 373300)
- Designing / facilitating approaches to developing, promoting and implementing the mission and growth strategy through, for example, “Follow!” and Mission Action Planning.
- Promoting intergenerational approaches to mission, evangelism, discipleship and church growth such as: Setting God’s People Free, Messy Church, Open the Book, Table Talk, Filling Station, Fresh Expression, Café Church, etc.
- Developing / supporting networks and other approaches to resource the above.
- Leading / collaborating on mission and growth projects such as the market towns learning hub; intergenerational mission etc., as agreed.
- Promoting and analysing the use of statistics for mission so that quantitative as well as qualitative evidence is increasingly used to inform planning and measure progress
- Sharing of good practice and learning from within the Diocese and wider Church.
- Promoting the alignment of diocesan priorities and action with national church priorities and action
- Working with the Archdeacons to identify and plan for resourcing churches and future Strategic Development Funding (SDF) projects.
- As a member of the Bishop’s Staff team play a key part in overseeing the delivery of the Diocesan Strategy with a particular input to Diocesan Mission.
- Team Leader of our Parish & External Relations Team.
The Ideal Candidate
We are hoping to recruit a Lay or Ordained person who has a passion to see the Church grow, who can reflect theologically on discipleship, evangelism in the twenty-first century church. The ideal candidate will have a strong an infectious faith and the ability to communicate in both rural and urban context across the ages and theological spectrum.
We are looking for a colleague who can build on the work we have been doing to shape our vision and work collaboratively with us to grow the church. We are looking to grow in every benefice by attracting people of all ages and backgrounds. Our aim is a mixed economy of worship in each deanery. We seek to enable people to be disciples and to see lives changed across the diocese and beyond.
Hereford Diocese covers a large area that includes the County of Herefordshire, South Shropshire and parishes in the surrounding area. We face all the opportunities and challenges of ministry with a relatively small number of people living in a very rural area. As a church we are seeking to proclaim the love and teaching of Jesus Christ, make disciples and bring life and hope as we share the Good News. As a diocese we are seeking appropriate ways to change and develop so that we meet the needs of the whole community that we serve.
Our vision is underpinned by prayer and a desire to note where God is at work. Our hope is to ‘break new ground’ and use the creative energy and generosity of people in the diocese to resource the church and its people.