Receptionist - Part time
The job has expired.
The Reception at St James’ House and St Aidan’s Centre is a key part of the Central Services Team at the head office of the Liverpool Diocesan Board of Finance. Key responsibility is the Reception duties and to be the person to welcome our visitors. The role plays a vital part of the Central Services Team; it is diverse in nature and requires you to be organised and efficient. The role holder will be required to meet ever changing needs of the diocese.
24 hours per week over 4 days (Monday - Friday days to be agreed with the successful candidate)
£11856.00 per annum
Closing date - 22nd October 2019
Interviews to take place w/c 28th October 2019
The role is a vital new role in Central Services to enhance our service and facilitate the smooth running of our Diocese. As role holder you will be expected to work in a flexible and supportive manner.
The role holder will:
- Welcome visitors by building rapport in a professional way.
- Support the Central Services Administrators to achieve goals.
- Work flexibly within the Central Services Team, adapting to current and future organisational needs.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement within tight expenditure limits.
- Be part of a training and development plan to achieve greater skills and training to enhance their role.
Core tasks include:
- Welcoming visitors to the Diocese of Liverpool and those using our facilities.
- Provide hospitality to visitors.
- To perform duties in accordance with Health and Safety requirements for all visitors.
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate our room booking facilities.
- Book trains via Train Line, conferences and hotels on behalf of colleagues.
- Co-ordinate the stationery order for the Diocese and business partners.
- Sort the incoming post and outgoing post.
- Other tasks as agreed by line manager and commensurate with the role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical and thorough
- Ability to handle a range of diverse tasks and prioritise according to demands
- Excellent organisation skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Resilient with an ability to remain calm under pressure
- A great team player who is respectful of colleagues and can recognise the wider needs of the organisation
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people, to quickly build rapport and act with patience, sensitivity and tact
- Approachable and dependable
- Ability to handle personal and sensitive information in the strictest of confidence
- Ability to use own initiative
- A great team player who is respectful of colleagues and capable of recognising the wider needs of the organisation
- Professional with a flexible work approach
- To have an understanding of, and be in sympathy with, the Church of England
- Proven Reception skills
- Working experience in organising, conferences and meetings
- Event / hospitality management experience