Associate Priest SSM
The job has expired.
Over Wyre Group is a newly formed benefice made up of 2 historic Benefices:
- The Benefice of Stalmine St. James with Pilling St. John the Baptist and Eagland Hill St. Mark
- The Waterside Benefice of Hambleton Blessed Virgin Mary, Out Rawcliffe St. John the Evangelist, Preesall St. Oswald
Over Wyre is the collective name given to a group of villages in Lancashire, situated on the Fylde, to the north and east of the River Wyre. The five parishes are centered around the villages of Hambleton, Out Rawcliffe, Stalmine, Preesall, Knott End-on-Sea, Pilling and Eagland Hill.
All five parishes operate out of a central tradition and have Eucharist and the Bible at the heart of their prayer and worship. Stalmine St. James is a more Spirit-led worshipping community, yet still caters for the more traditional. Pilling St. John the Baptist is the only one that has an active Sunday School at present but plans are being made for another in Preesall. Music remains a strong focus with Preesall, Hambleton, Stalmine, and Pilling churches all having robed choirs. A choral group and organist combine to serve Out Rawcliffe
All five parishes support the ordination of women and encourage the ministry and leadership of women and men, ordained and lay.
- Take Sunday services across the group
- Take occasional offices across the group
- Develop/coach/grow/lay worship leaders
- Engage in developing/coordinating mission & outreach via things such as bible study groups, prayer groups, Alpha (or similar) and presence at public events such as galas/fetes.
- Be the clergy Governor at a local Church of England Primary School
Please see attached parish profile.
For an informal conversation about the post please contact Rev Andy Shaw, tel 01253 799895. Email email@example.com
For information about Blackburn diocese please click here
For more information about this application process, please use this link
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 27th March 2020