Vicar St Thomas Garstang
The job has expired.
The Bishop of Lancaster and Patron are seeking a Vicar for St Thomas’s Church, Garstang
Garstang is a thriving, friendly, historic market town, population around 7000 with many new housing developments. Excellent local transport links to major towns and situated centrally to the Lake District, Trough of Bowland and Yorkshire Dales.
We are praying for a new Vicar:
- who will inspire and nurture us to be witnesses and grow as leaders, transforming our community, shining the light of Christ into Garstang.
- who will show their love of Christ through actions, with pastoral care for the whole flock, who is an open-hearted listener;
- who is a teacher, to inspire us in preaching, prayer and bible study;
- who enjoys active engagement in mission initiatives and who enjoys life to the full, to help enable us forward in outreach, particularly amongst younger people and to grow the link between the church and our schools;
- who is prayerful in every situation and encourages St Thomas’s to grow as a powerhouse of prayer;
- who is joyful and enthusiastic, bringing worship and faith alive across the generations; valuing both traditional and contemporary worship;
- who is a communicator of the gospel both at school assembly and civic services.
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 10th September 2021
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact the Archdeacon of Lancaster: Ven David Picken (email@example.com)
Interviews will be held in person on Tuesday 28th September 2021
Parish website: http://stgchurch.org.uk
For more information about Blackburn diocese: https://jobs.churchofengland.org/blackburn/vision-2026/
For more information about the Pathways application process https://jobs.churchofengland.org/clergycandidatesfaq/