St Paul's Cathedral - Cleaner
The job has expired.
If you would like to help keep one of the most iconic buildings in the world safe and clean for all its visitors and staff, come and join our very important team of cleaning staff within our Works department at St Paul’s Cathedral!
As part of the Works team, you’ll assist in cleaning the Cathedral and its associated premises and facilities including cleaning the steps leading up to the famous frontage of the Cathedral, the vast and beautiful Cathedral floor, the largest crypt in Europe, the hidden corridor of the Triforium, the breathtaking galleries, plus staff offices and communal areas.
If you are adaptable, positive and approachable with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently we’d love to hear from you.
- To carry out everyday manual cleaning tasks, including, but not limited to, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, spot cleaning of spillages, emptying bins and sanitising surfaces, toilets and communal areas in the Cathedral and its associated premises and facilities.
- To undertake, after relevant training and with appropriate safety equipment, cleaning tasks at high level in the interior of the Cathedral e.g. the galleries.
- To refill toiletries (handwash, toilet paper, antibacterial wipes, etc).
- To carry out minor maintenance tasks such as unclogging sinks, toilets.
- To use appropriate cleaning chemicals and mechanised cleaning equipment, where necessary.
- To assist with the moving of chairs and furniture, as required.
- To take part and comply in safety and other training as may be determined by the Clerk of the Works.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to work at heights and climb the many staircases in the Cathedral, including the 500+ steps up to the Galleries, carry & operate the necessary mechanical cleaning equipment
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Able to work independently and to use own initiative
- Positive and approachable
- Good interpersonal skill to interact with the public and the Cathedral community
- Reliable, consistent and with attention to detail
The individual will be in sympathy with, and in their work support, the Christian aims and mission of St Paul’s Cathedral.
St Paul’s is an equal opportunities employer and holds together a very diverse set of activities and aspirations. It is the Cathedral of the Diocese of London and the seat of its Bishop, a national church and an international spiritual focus, a space for worship and holiness, a place of learning, debate and challenge, an icon of resilience in the face of adversity, an architectural heritage centre, a partner in the City of London, and a commercial enterprise. In addition to offering acts of worship throughout the day, St Paul’s is open for prayer and sight-seeing seven days a week.
Please note that the Cathedral is open 365 days per year, therefore, the cleaners rota includes weekend and bank holiday working.
The closing date for applications is 18 January 2022 with interviews taking place on 24 and 25 January 2022.