The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Herne Bay
Associate Vicar of Christ Church St. Andrews Herne Bay
This Vacancy has been closed.
We are delighted to be able to advertise for an Associate Vicar to work alongside our current Vicar Anthony Everett, the staff team, and our varied and vibrant church family. The post is funded by the church family with the full support of the Bishop of Dover, Bishop Rose.
Closing Date: 10 March 2023
Interview Date: 13 April 2023
Christ Church St Andrews is looking for someone who will:
- enable us to grow the kingdom of God in Herne Bay.
- be servant hearted and committed to their own personal growth.
- take responsibility for at least two of our six congregations.
- be involved in the care and nurture of new Christians.
- preach at and lead services of very different styles.
- be able to offer good pastoral care to a mixed church family and community.
- pioneer new ministries which are sustainable.
- be willing to work alongside our vicar supporting and advising him as he takes overall responsibility for the church family.
- recognise that the church family has great community links, helping us to get better at using
- those to see people engage with the good news of Jesus and so come to faith.
The Ideal Candidate
The gifts and experience we are looking for:
- an experienced and able Bible teacher and preacher.
- pastorally able to deal with complex cases.
- a senior staff member with at least three years’ experience in ordained ministry.
- able to equip people to serve by example, training and enabling
- able to run small group Bible studies for those experienced in the faith.
- able to run evangelistic courses and nurture new believers.
- a team player who can lead when asked to.
About Christ Church St Andrews Herne Bay
Christ Church St Andrews have a clear vision statement which allows us to assess all we do in the light of our vision, values, and mission. This has been particularly useful as we emerge from the pandemic and have negotiated some changes to the ministries we are involved in and where they take place.
Our aim is to glorify God by building a Christ centered community through the power of the Holy Spirit. We do this by making and growing followers of Jesus.
Christ Church St Andrews seek to make disciples by explaining the good news of Jesus simply and clearly and so helping people come into a living relationship with Jesus trusting Him as their rescuer and king.
We seek to grow disciples by explaining how the good news of Jesus transforms every area of our lives and so helping each other develop our relationship with Jesus so that we increasingly submit our lives to Him.
About the Diocese of Canterbury
Founded in 597 by St Augustine, Canterbury Diocese is the oldest diocese in England and has a special place in the life of the national and worldwide Church. With its iconic Cathedral it forms a focal point for the life of the whole Anglican Communion, offering a spiritual home and place of pilgrimage for people from every nation and walk of life.
Kent is renowned as the ‘Garden of England’ and this rural heart is core to our identity – yet the communities we serve are very diverse. Our Diocese stretches from Maidstone to Thanet, from the Isle of Sheppey to the Romney Marsh. We have 350 miles of coastline with historic ports and seaside resorts, alongside rural communities, market towns and commuter-belt urban developments. Affluent areas often sit alongside pockets of major deprivation, offering an exciting and challenging mission context.
By God’s grace we want to be a people who are...
…confident & creative disciples of Jesus Christ
...rooted in scripture & drenched in prayer
…living gratefully, giving generously, caring for creation & sharing the gospel
...growing in number & expectations – of God & ourselves
...motivated by justice & love, open to the Spirit & ready for adventure!