The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Grimsargh
Vicar (0.5FTE) of St Michael, Grimsargh
The job has expired.
Bishop Jill says “St Michael’s is a family who are looking to ‘lift their eyes to the hills’, to lift the lid on their instincts for mission to reach out in love to our growing village of Grimsargh. Such a lot of potential. Read on and spot the buried treasures."
The semi-rural village of Grimsargh is situated in Lancashire, at the western end of the Ribble Valley and the beautiful Trough of Bowland. It is five miles North East of Preston with easy access to the motorway network. The Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Manchester and Liverpool are all within easy driving distance. There is a frequent local bus service and excellent rail connections from Preston.
The village has various new housing developments and we are keen to grow our congregation and our giving through outreach and engagement with new and existing families in the village. We look forward to welcoming a new half-time vicar who has experience to guide us in this phase of growth.
The Ideal Candidate
The Bishop of Lancaster and our parish are looking to appoint a half-time priest who:
- is excited by the opportunity of growing new and existing congregations
- can provide spiritual vision and leadership to all groups
- has sound exposition of Christian principles and values
- will further develop and strengthen our relationship with the school
- will engage with the local community in locally based activities such as the farmers market
- will be a recognisable presence in the community by being seen out and about
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact the Archdeacon of Lancaster: Ven David Picken (David.Picken@blackburn.anglican.org)
For information about Blackburn diocese please follow this link https://jobs.churchofengland.org/blackburn/vision-2026/
For information on making an application through Pathways please follow this link https://jobs.churchofengland.org/HELP/candidate-faq/
Closing date for applications: 8th June 2023
Interviews will be held on: 22nd June 2023