The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Ash
Vicar of The Canonry Benefice
The job has expired.
The Patrons wish to appoint an inspirational, welcoming and energetic Vicar for the Canonry Benefice in the Diocese of Canterbury. Lying in the east of Kent, between Canterbury, Sandwich and Dover the united and supportive Benefice is delightfully rural, with five parishes and six regularly used church buildings and two festival churches under the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
Personal attributes – we would like our new Vicar to:
- Actively and visibly engage and communicate with the diverse rural community in each of the parishes, understand and embrace the context of each parish and reach across all ages, backgrounds, and denominations.
- Be inspired with strong faith to bring leadership of God’s word to the people of the Canonry Benefice.
- Be energetically able to embrace the broad traditions of worship style of the Church of England with the flexibility to recognise the individual needs of each parish.
Our vision – we want our Benefice to be:
- Kind, safe, open, all embracing, inclusive and outward reaching.
- A community where everyone is welcomed, listened to, valued, recognised, and encouraged on or introduced to their journey with God.
- A growing supportive Christian community with a heart for outreach and a wish for good relationships to attract families and people of all ages
The challenges we have:
- To increase outreach and pastoral care in each of our rural communities.
- To sustain growth within our church communities by engaging with a wider segment of the local population.
- To continue to be financially resilient, innovative and flexible
Closing Date: Saturday 30 September 2023
Interview Date: Wednesday 1 November 2023
For an informal conversation please contact the Archdeacon of Canterbury, the Venerable Dr Will Adam. To arrange a conversation please contact Caroline Hemington email@example.com