The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Erith, Kent
Children and Families Worker
The job has expired.
Children and Families Worker (2 year fixed-term)
Full time - 35 hours
Salary - £26,590
The Diocese of Rochester alongside Christ Church Erith and St John the Baptist Church Erith is seeking a full time Children and Families Worker to build and strengthen the children and families ministry within these communities, whilst seeking exciting new ways to engage with families.
- Lead and plan children and families’ activities in both parishes and work with volunteers to deliver planned activities.
- Develop seasonal events and identify parish needs to establish new initiatives.
- Nurture and develop volunteer teams.
- Form links with the local communities, working with schools and other bodies working with children and families in the borough.
- Develop collaborative ways of working between the two parishes.
Candidates will have the skills, energy, and passion to enable new worshipping communities to grow in faith and be enriched in their lives.
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience in organising and leading events and activities.
- Recent experience of working with children and families.
- Be able to communicate the Christian faith and inspire others.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to developing and delivering new initiatives.
The post holder will, at times, be the public face of the church in Erith. It is considered that there is an Occupational Requirement (OR) for the postholder to be a communicant member of the Church of England, a Church in communion therewith, a Church of the Council of Churches for Britain and Ireland or Churches Together in England, or a member of Church of the Evangelical Alliance.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Please note: This is a full-time post. However, the post holder will be employed by the Diocese of Rochester (21 hours) and St John the Baptist Church, Erith (14 hours)
The wider a group’s diversity, the smarter, wiser, and more compassionate and creative its decision making becomes.
We are committed to achieving diversity throughout our Diocese by seeking UKME/GMH colleagues and those from a wide range of backgrounds to help us create a culture of inclusion and belonging.
Closing date for applications: 5 November 2023
Interviews to be held on: 15 November 2023