The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Elham
Rector of the Elham Valley Group
The job has expired.
We are seeking a full-time Rector who would like to take up this exciting opportunity to work with our active ministry team to:
- Provide oversight and team leadership in our spiritual life
- Develop and support the growth of faith in our three vibrant Church of England Primary schools.
- Work in partnership with the Ministry Team, churchwardens, PCCs and congregations, to pursue spiritual growth and depth in our rural communities.
- Develop our capacity to provide pastoral support.
Our mission is to spread the good news of the Gospel to all by
- Offering differing styles of worship, Christian fellowship, quiet reflection, pastoral care, and community events for all ages across our rural communities and schools, whilst cherishing our ancient churches.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join us in developing the spiritual lives of our communities who can clearly demonstrate the following key characteristics:
- Able to inspire prayerfulness and obedience to God.
- Able to appreciate and enhance the vital role of the church and Church buildings in our village communities
- Recognise the key role of work in the schools in the development of faith • An excellent communicator with groups of all ages and backgrounds, demonstrating sound emotional intelligence in dealings with others.
- A good team player, able to lead in a consultative fashion, by empowering those around them.
- A creative risk taker, willing to try new and varied approaches to growing our churches.
- Able to demonstrate good pastoral care, working with the Ministry Team to support those requiring help at difficult times.
- Be IT literate, and confident in using social media platforms. Embracing available technology, in both worship, and administrative settings.
- Willing to learn about rural affairs and the environment.
The Benefice of the Elham Valley Group of Churches sits within the stunning North Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) in East Kent. The rolling chalk downland offers a rich diversity of wildlife habitats, including meadowland and woodland. The area is entirely rural and consists of several villages and rural communities, with farming being at the core of the business community.
Our Benefice Family
- As a group of churches, we are supportive of each other, both in our relationships as congregations, and as PCCs.
- The operation of the Benefice Committee in the current interregnum has highlighted and enhanced a close and professional way of working between the churchwardens.
- Our work is supported by a part time benefice administrator.
- There is huge potential within the Benefice both in terms of those currently involved in church life, and in the wider community.
- We are prayerful and obedient to God. • We are open and welcoming to those coming to church for the first time, whether visitors or new residents to the area.
- We offer a varied and diverse range of worship styles and events as evidenced in the individual parish profiles.
- We have strong links to, and regular involvement with, the three Church of England schools within the Benefice.
Application Closing Date: 15 December 2023
Interviews: 18 January 2024
Any queries initially to the Archdeacon of Ashford’s PA, Louise Mills: email@example.com or 01233 712649.